Advantages of Perimeter Drip Systems in TexasA drip irrigation system is a type of home irrigation system that delivers water directly to the root of a plant, where it seeps into the soil one drop at a time. Watering your lawn and plants this way provides many benefits.
- 1. Foundation Preservation. A dripline along the perimeter of your provides moisture balance and reduces shrinking and swelling that could damage your foundation.
- 2. Less water waste. 30/40% of water from sprinkler systems evaporates -- in the hot state of Texas, that percentage increases -- a drip system transfers 90% of the water directly into the soil.
- 3. One less thing to clean. Over-watering creates mud and water puddles that track deposits everywhere. The drip system places the water exactly where it needs to be, at the roots of your plants and grass.
- 4. Erosion prevention. Sprinkler systems cause runoff water due to over-saturation, but with a drip line, your lawn and plants are watered at a slower pace eliminating dirt and soil erosion.
- 5. Healthy beautiful plants. Sprinkler water lingers on plants and is a breeding ground for mold, disease, and sunburn spots. Using a drip system properly disperses the right amount of water needed for optimal growth.
- 6. Protects your curb appeal. Water and dirt spots from sprinkler system cause unsightly blemishes and affect your curb appeal. The drip system puts the water where it needs to be and nowhere else.