Let’s be honest: keeping up with a yard in North Texas is not easy. From deciding what to plant to putting in the regular work necessary to maintain a yard, it can be overwhelming. It may be time to hire a professional. But before you do, here are five questions you should ask a landscape architect to make the process go smoothly.
- Which landscaping services do you provide? When it comes to landscaping, there are three main steps to the process: design, installation, and maintenance. If you are looking for help with all three, you may want to look for a full-service landscaping company. If you hire a landscape architect in the Dallas, TX area that only does design, some of the details of the plans may get lost as they are passed on to another company. It’s helpful to know from the beginning if the company you are hiring will be there throughout the entire process, or if they only specialize in one area.
- Can you give me a cost estimate? Outdoor projects vary greatly from simply planting flowers to entire yard makeovers. In addition, there can be a wide range of cost from one company to another. Some companies charge for the consultation, and some offer this for free. Make sure you know what to expect with the cost of your project up front.
- What are your ideas for my space? Many homeowners limit their yard’s potential because they just don’t know what is possible. An expert landscape designer will not only be able to visualize and design the project to help your yard reach its full potential, but will also know which plants and trees work best with the North Texas soil and climate. Asking a professional for their ideas may increase your satisfaction with the end result.
- How long will the project take? Whether you have ample time or are hoping for the project to be completed by a specific deadline, a landscape architect can tell you how long the project should last. Knowing your timeline will help your landscape professional design the best yard to fit your needs.
- How much maintenance will the design require? It is one thing to have the yard of your dreams designed and installed, but if it is not maintained properly, you will not be satisfied in the long run. Knowing beforehand how much time or money you can expect to devote to keeping your yard in tip-top shape may influence the design of your yard. If your landscape designer knows from the beginning that you don’t have a lot of time or money to devote to your yard, they can design a yard that will require less effort. Similarly, if they know that you are willing to put in the time or will be hiring a company to maintain the yard, they will not limit the design to only lower maintenance elements.
As overwhelming as it may seem to beautify and maintain a yard in the North Texas climate, choosing to hire a landscape architect in Dallas, TX has some major advantages. Asking these five simple questions before beginning the project will make sure everyone is on the same page and happy in the end. CGreens Landscape Management is a full-service landscaping company that knows the Dallas area climate and soil and can help with yards of any size from design to installation, all the way through to maintaining your yard year after year. They offer free consultations and are happy to answer these and any other questions you may have. Visit http://www.cgreens.com/ for more info.
CGreens Landscape Management | Landscape Architect Dallas TX | http://www.cgreens.com/