If your Dallas area home has an ancient irrigation system – or no system at all – it might be time to consider making the upgrade to smart sprinklers. These days, smart technology encircles us. Entertainment systems, home security networks, public transportation, and even restaurants utilize smart technologies to increase productivity and efficiency. It’s only natural to consider making the same choice when it comes to a home irrigation system.
Watering the lawn and garden is often a tedious chore, especially in the Texas heat. Watering by hand or using fixed timers can be wasteful of both your time and water. And while there is certainly a cost associated with upgrading to a modern smart sprinkler system, the savings in water usage and the added peace of mind will return your investment over and again. Before ruling out a possible upgrade, consider the following benefits of installing a smart sprinkler system for your Dallas area home.
- Remote Control. The majority of smart technologies, including smart sprinklers, you can control from your mobile device. These intuitively designed apps allow you to easily modify schedules, watering calendars, and even turn sprinklers on and off with the click of a button – no matter where you are!
- Weather Awareness & Automatic Scheduling. The benefit and convenience of the app feature becomes more evident when, instead of heading into the elements to shut off your sprinklers, you can quickly shut them off with the app.
- Voice Control Capability. Smart sprinkler controllers are a great companion device, working in harmony with your app. The latest controller innovations allow for Google Home or Android smartphone integration and voice control. Voice commands like “Hey Google, water the front lawn” make for easier and more efficient water management.
- Artificially Intelligent. An important part of using a smart sprinkler system requires adopting recommendations that the system periodically provides. Smart sprinkler metrics determine how fast water evaporates based on the lawn specs you provide. This data breaks up watering times into smaller segments, automatically helping water soak-in, and reducing run-off. It’s an essential feature here in North Texas, where blistering summers can lead to huge water when watering is improperly managed.
- Water Savings. All of the listed smart features work to reduce the amount of wastewater, which, at the end of the month and year means more money in your pocket. Smart sprinklers are an advantageous investment, likely to pay you back over the course of a summer or two.
For more information or to explore how smart sprinklers can best benefit you and your property needs, contact the experts at CGreens Landscape Management, in Dallas, TX. We install and service all sprinkler brands and are happy to consult with your on your lawn’s irrigation needs. Let’s chat soon!