When upgrading anything on your Dallas, TX property, it’s natural–and smart–to consider the return on investment (ROI) of the project. In the case you need to sell your property, it makes sense to spend money on projects that will increase your property’s value. Here are five landscaping features that have proven to provide the best ROI:
- A lush, green, lawn. This is no small task in the Dallas, TX area. Weeds seem to overtake lawns quickly, and even if those haven’t gotten you, lawns in North Texas are susceptible to flooding, exposed tree roots, insects that attack the yard, or disease. But one of the first things a potential buyer will notice is the state of your lawn. If your lawn needs some TLC, it’s worth the investment to get it into tip-top shape. Whether you use your elbow grease or hire a landscaping company, you will undoubtedly see a return on the investment of your time or money.
- Well-designed and maintained landscaping. The next area to focus on when looking to get a good ROI is your landscaping. Trees, shrubs, and mulch beds with perennial or annual colorful flowers are sure to increase the appeal of your home. Calling in a professional company to design and install your landscape will make a massive difference in the outcome and will increase your ROI. They know the best plants for the Dallas, TX climate, where to place them, and how to achieve the best visual appeal. Many landscaping companies also provide maintenance throughout the year. Paying the money to have a gorgeous landscape designed and installed will not be worth it if it isn’t well maintained. Trees will need trimming, shrubs pruning, and mulch will need to be replaced every year, along with any annual plants and flowers. But managing all of these elements will increase the appeal of your property.
- Stone patios, walkways, or driveways. Most builders use concrete as their go-to material, but cement will wear, sink, or even crack over time. Upgrading to stone on your patio, walkway, or driveway will undoubtedly add value to your property.
- Water features. Adding a water feature to your home can be as simple as adding a pond-less water fountain or waterfall structure, though many homeowners in the Dallas, TX area are tempted to add a pool. While a simple feature won’t break the bank, a pool–while providing much entertainment–will seldom offer a good ROI. Most homeowners who spend the money to put in a pool do not recoup the cost when they go to sell. It also may detract some buyers because not all people want the safety concerns or upkeep of a pool. But if you will be in your home a long time and know it is something your family will enjoy for many years, it may be worth the investment even if it will not provide an excellent ROI money-wise.
- Outdoor kitchens or entertainment areas. Although outdoor kitchen and entertainment areas are on the higher end of the price range, they provide a much better ROI than a pool. Many home buyers see this as extending the living area of the home and providing a place to entertain guests or create family memories.
Determining which projects to focus on to get the best ROI can be tricky, but consulting with a landscaping professional can help you determine what the best areas of focus would be for your specific space. CGreens services landscaping in Dallas, TX, and the surrounding area and can help you every step of the way from design to installation to maintenance. Give them a call for a free estimate! 972-231-2870.
Cgreens Landscape Management | Landscaping Dallas TX | 972-231-2870