Nobody wants to deal with foundation issues, but the North Texas climate is notorious for causing costly problems for foundations. Outdoor maintenance for your home in the Dallas, TX area is key to helping prevent problems to your foundation.
Here are six ways a landscaping company can help you prevent these issues, possibly saving you money in the long-run.
- Pest Control. You may think pest control is just for keeping bugs from coming inside the house, but it is just as important to keep harmful bugs away from your foundation. Certain insects can wreak havoc on a foundation, and talking to a landscaping professional can help you know how to keep these pesky bugs at bay. A pest control professional can spray for bugs around the perimeter of your home. Alternatively, landscape design can help. Did you know that certain plants repel insects? Your landscaping company can design and install plants that will deter pests from getting too close to your foundation.
- Prevent Excessive Dryness. North Texas experiences frequent dry spells, causing many foundations to crack. An essential part of outdoor maintenance in the Dallas, TX area is to water your foundation. A few common tools are soaker hoses and sprinkler systems to keep your foundation moist. The installation of a rock bed may also help retain moisture around your foundation. A drip system is another option. This system uses 50% less water, which can result in a lower water bill. A landscaping professional can tell you the best solution for your property to protect your foundation from excessive dryness.
- Prevent Excessive Wetness. While North Texas experiences frequent dry spells, it can also get more rain than necessary over a short amount of time. The slope of your yard plays an important factor in how water will drain around your home. A landscaping company can correct the slope of your yard, install a drainage system, or install a moisture barrier. By keeping excessive water away from your foundation, you could prevent foundation issues.
- Tree Maintenance. A landscape professional can help you decide what type of trees to plant in your yard and how far away from your house they need to be to protect your foundation from roots that can cause damage. A landscaping company could also install a root barrier to provide a buffer between the roots and your foundation, giving it needed protection from any existing trees.
- Mulch. Mulch retains moisture, keeping plants and trees happy when rain and watering might be limited. It also creates a balance to the moisture surrounding your foundation. Ask your landscaping specialist for recommendations.
- Erosion Control. Eroding soil is one of the leading causes of foundation cracks, so preventing erosion is paramount in protecting your foundation. A landscaping professional can help you avoid erosion by landscaping all sides of your home. When doing this, they can create drainage spaces in the flower beds to allow water to flow away from your foundation. Plants also hold onto soil, preventing erosion as the water drains. Another option would be to have your landscaping company install a retaining wall to keep the soil from eroding.
A significant part of outdoor maintenance when living in the Dallas, TX area is keeping a keen eye on the condition of your foundation. Hiring a landscaping company to help you with these six prevention methods will ensure the longevity of your foundation and could prevent costly future repairs. CGreens Landscape Management provides all of the above services including pest control, landscaping design, installation and maintenance, and slope and drainage correction. The landscape designers at CGreens will not only beautify your yard, but they can also protect your foundation from future issues. Go to http://www.cgreens.com/.
CGreens Landscape Management | Outdoor Maintenance Dallas TX | http://www.cgreens.com/