Whether you are dreaming of a show-stopping front yard display or a backyard oasis, a landscape architect can turn your dreams into a reality for your Dallas, TX home. In the age of the internet, there exist a plethora of DIY (do it yourself) blogs and how to videos, but here are 5 reasons you should hire a professional rather than attempting to tackle your outdoor project yourself:
- Money: This is probably the number one reason people neglect to hire a landscape architect in the first place: they think it will be too expensive and that they will save money by designing and installing–or doing one of those–themselves. What people in this camp don’t realize, however, is that there is a lot of trial and error for those attempting outdoor projects themselves. When one attempt doesn’t work, it often means more money has to be spent to try again, or to do the project a different way. A landscape architect will undoubtedly do the project right the first time, saving money in the long-run. A well-designed and installed yard will also increase the value of your property, giving you more money over time.
- Time: Hiring a landscape architect will save you loads of it. What most people going into a project themselves don’t realize is that it will undoubtedly take them more time than they first expected. A long weekend project can turn into weeks, or even months because as untrained amateurs it will take more time, and because most of us already have other full-time jobs, forcing us to carve out little bits of time here and there to work on the project. Working on your project is your landscape architect’s full-time job. So not only will they get the job done more quickly than a DIYer, but they will also have more time and attention to be able to focus on the task at hand.
- Education/Experience: There is a lot more than planting trees or shrubs and paving a walkway that goes into each outdoor project. A landscape architect has been trained in horticulture, soil biology, engineering, art, and how each of these areas of your outdoor space affects the others. Most homeowners will not have the knowledge or experience to understand how the slope of the yard will impact drainage, or how certain landscaping can prevent soil erosion. A landscape architect can take all of these factors and more into their design, leaving you with a well-engineered and artistically pleasing design that is also functional.
- Longevity: Because a landscape architect’s design will take into account the aforementioned factors, your yard will be set up for sustainability. Many DIYers realize that the flowers, plants, and shrubs they spent so much time and money installing probably won’t last as long as hoped. This results in them having to spend more time and money re-doing the project only a few years later. Professional landscape designers plan for not only the here and now, but for the future as well.
- End Result: People who hire a landscape architect are typically more satisfied with the end result than if they attempted the work themselves.
Truly you just can’t undervalue the wealth of knowledge and experience a landscape architect in Dallas, TX brings to the table when it comes to any outdoor project. Now is the time to consider hiring a professional for your outdoor project. Call CGreens for a free consultation at 972-231-2870.